Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Everglades NP

How can one ever describe the expansive and natural beauty of the Everglades? This is definitely something that one has to experience to appreciate. Being that it is the largest subtropical wilderness in the United States. There are rare and endangered species of wildlife everywhere. Although we were only able to see a few by car we were abundantly aware that they were there, especially the alligators. We stopped at the end of the glades to take an air boat ride and as we were waiting for the boat, I turned my head and there was a gator looking right at me! I was not more than 4 feet away. I thought because it didn't move, it may have been a fake, but careful observation of this massive beast revealed his nostrils moving. REAL! OK, I was behind a fence so I felt relatively safe. Then three more showed up. I then felt as if I was their dinner waiting to be attacked. RUN!

No comments: