Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A Day in the Double D's: Detroit/Dearborn




OK, you all know that I have owned a GM vehicle for as long as I can remember. As soon as we arrived in Detroit the GM building was obvious yet uninviting. I expected it to be somewhat more spectacular (a little disappointing) So, we took some photos and moved on. We had to go to the Hard Rock of course and then to the famous Coney Island. The experience was what one expects from a Coney Island, unique and memorable.
After visiting the city proper we drove west to the Heidelberg Project. OMG what can I say... this was shocking to say the least. See for yourself.
MOTOWN was absolutely awesome as expected. Such history and to be able to experience the same steps as so many awesome entertainers was awe inspiring.
The last stop for the day was the Ford Museum. As expected this area was huge and included so many exhibits in motor vehicle changes. I would have loved to have seen the factory tour, but we had missed the last one of the day. Ford has a huge presence here and it is obvious in all aspects of the area, both financially, socially, and physically. I think the most humbling exhibit was the exhibit of the car that the late John F. Kennedy was shot in. Sad...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The loss of Kennedy was a day I will remember forever.. Such a sad day in our history. I would have loved to have seen that. L/GTR